ONLINE MADHUBANI ART CLASS WITH Shalini Karn These are unprecedented times – we wanted to do something to help our artists and help the community at the same time. We are posting online art tutorial videos by our different artists, DIY videos which were really loved by people and encouraged us to initiate live online art classes.
Art is truly therapeutic and will hopefully help you as much as it is helping us. Also, it is an opportunity to learn about the folk art form and it’s tradition. The workshop on 23rd May is an attempt by us to educate our people about basics of Madhubani paintings.
23rd May, Saturday Time: 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM German time / 1 PM to 3PM India time This will be a two hour class for beginners and will be conducted over Zoom – adults or children above 8 years can join. Our artist Shalini Karn will guide you on how to create the basic drawing and then and at the end of the class we will also share images of other more complicated artworks which you can practice in your own time. Materials that you will need:
- A4 Size plain paper (a couple of extra sheets to practice sketching)
- Poster colors (preferred, if you don’t have access to poster colors, you can use acrylic colors)
- Brushes (size 0 to size 4/5), water and palette for mixing
- Black pen for outlines (not mandatory, can outline with brush and paint too)
- Pencil and rubber for sketching
About Shalini Karn : Born intraditional artists’ family, Shalini has been exploring the style of Madhubani art and being a woman, she incorporate her experiences as well as gender based issues and its sensibilities in her art. To know more about Shalini Karn you can click here.
- Details to join the zoom call will be sent once we receive payment and you will be asked to share the name of the participant. Only one participant per purchase and please join with the registered email address. We will also send a Google Calendar invite once you register
- Class is not transferable to another person and maximum 10 people per class – please do not share the zoom class link with others once you have registered