Live workshop on “Warli Paintings Online Classes” by Ankita Deshpande. Ankita is CA by profession, Warli artist by Passion, keen on spreading the tribal art worldwide by giving modern touch to the art originated back in 10th century A.D.
About Warli Art:
Warli Painting is a tribal art created by the tribal people from North Sahyadri Range in Maharashtra, India. The warli culture is centered around the concept of Mother Nature and elements of nature are often focal points depicted in warli paintings.
The intricate use of geometric designs- lines, circles and triangles tells us that there is more to the painting than what meets the eyes. It is not just an art form, but a way of life for the tribes.
– White sheets
– Pencil, eraser, ruler scale
– Poster/ Acrylic color (If not Black, any), brushes or
– Sketch pens or any other pens
– Experience the remarkable simplicity of an 1100 years old, exciting art form which has crossed the boundaries
– Interactive sessions focusing upon the tribal community and it’s influence on their paintings
– Learn basic motifs
– Create your own painting
– Learn to “Read” the painting